Monday 13 June 2016

Pauper Pug trouble after doing a 'double.'

Being a 'lightweight' I rarely venture out moth trapping on consecutive nights but a chance to trap at Hartlebury Common in good weather conditions on Saturday was too good to miss and returning home at 2.30 a.m. I put my hat and jacket in the kitchen and went to bed. The next day I noticed a large Pug on the kitchen wall which, although worn, had the look of a Pauper Pug about it and this was later confirmed by dissection. The problem is, I can't say for sure that it came from Hartlebury or whether it came from Kinver the night before, or even if it was from the garden, so sadly it will go unrecorded.
Having dissected my own Pauper Pug I thought I had better do Bill's specimen from Hallow on Sunday 22nd May and I can confirm the same id for that individual (male).  Patrick Clement

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for confirming that Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pitfalls of Field Trapping! Teliopsis diffinis in garden trap on Monday am followed by Shoulder-striped Wainscot and True-lovers Knot in house last night were presumably all stowaways from Hartlebury Common. Good job I am honest

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.