Friday 19 June 2020

Scarlet Tiger Puzzle Mansell Gamage

I saw one Scarlet Tiger in my back garden on 8th June, then again on 9th June on comfrey when I photographed it. In a similar place again 1 single on 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th. So I didn't photograph again because I assumed it was the same individual.
Then on 15th June I didn't see one in that place but in the evening I found a pair mating in my front garden (photographed) and was pleased to think that my lonely one had found a mate!
On 18th June, heavy rain all day, I found one in the evening on paving in my back garden, very wet, so I gently moved it to a sheltered place and left it. This morning it had gone and then this evening, 19th, near where I left it I have found a pair mating again (photographed).
Now I have assumed that I have one constant one throughout and 2 more coming in to mate, but having looked closely at their markings on the photos this evening I think they are all different individuals, so I now think that I have seen 5 individuals, or maybe more.
If I see any more I will try and photograph every one and not assume I'm seeing the same one all the time!

Scarlet Tiger 9th June


Scarlet Tigers 15th June


Scarlet Tigers 19th June


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.