Friday 19 June 2020

Micro ID - Dodford

I am struggling with the ID of this micro. It is about 10mm nose to tail and the closest I have got is Eudemis porphyrana or poss profundana but neither look quite right. Colouring is wrong for a start but I was wondering if it is a melanic or abberant form of something?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I did struggle to get a decent shot of it and I have included the pot shot as it represents the closest to the what it looked like to the naked eye.









Pete Smith
Dodford

5 comments:

  1. I think I'd go for Zeiraphera isertana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm I had considered that as well but it seemed a bit big. But I do have a bit of "moth blindness" when it comes to isertana and it is very variable so you are probably right Patrick

      Delete
    2. I've never seen one quite like that myself, but there are examples on line which are quite similar. I can always dissect it for you if you wish Pete.

      Delete
    3. I've just had a deeper dive online and there are a few pics of very similar forms. In fact one of the pictures in Manley isn't all that different so I'm happy that it is Isertana. Thanks for your help Patrick.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.