Wednesday 1 July 2020

Bringsty Common June 30th

Ran 2 traps last night in the garden. Lists are getting quite long now, so I won't put all the species up. Catch totalled 69 species of macro and 36 species of micro (to date) with quite a few needing closer examination. Still very few Rustic moths. Scalloped Oak now appearing. My garden seems to host a good colony of Suspected moth and is just about the only place in the county where it has been recorded, which I find surprising. My first one of the year last night and also a fresh Angle-striped Sallow (earliest record by 12 days). Triple-spotted Clay still outnumber Double Square-spot. I'm pleased we are in July now because I've been recording July species for quite some days! Just because it is so nice, I've added a photo of a butterfly which flew into the house a few days back, much to my surprise Peter Hall
Bringsty Common: Angle-striped Sallow

Bringsty Common: Suspected

Bringsty Common: Silver-washed Fritillary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.