Sunday 31 May 2020

Pammene suspectana

Pammene suspectana - Following a confirmed record to funebrana pheromone lure here in Worcestershire last year (Steve Whitehouse), and a couple of records this year in Hertfordshire and Essex, I decide to try my luck here in Halesowen.

The first time I used the lure in a pheromone trap on May 20th resulted in no less than six P. suspectana with a further individual on the 29th May. This species is clearly going unnoticed in some areas, it certainly was in my garden.

Dissection is advisable to separate it from the very similar P. albuginana, also attracted to the funebrana lure.

Patrick Clement

Pammene suspectana, Halesowen, 29th May.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to order some of the pheromone for next year Patrick. Very interesting. 1 single Herefordshire record from 2003 (Ledbury, Mike Harper).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.