Sunday 28 May 2017

Dodford Garden 26th May. Pammene albuginana ?

A very warm day and overnight temperatures of 16 C so I put out 3 traps and was rewarded with 92 species 25 of which were new for the year.

Of particular note were Eudonia pallida which was new for me and 2 Pammene which appear to be of the same species but I am having trouble deciding exactly which.

They don't appear to be argyrana which I have already had this year and I guess they are probably albuginana which would be a nice record or a remote chance of ignorata which has popped up recently a few times down south. I guess they will need chopping.


Eudonia pallida


Pammene ?

Pammene ?

Pammene ?


Pete Smith
Dodford

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can tell the difference between albuginana and ignorata. I did get an ignorata on the Brockhampton Estate back in 2015, so it would be worth chopping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you're right, they all look the same !

      Delete
  2. Definite chopping job as a first step Pete, I can collect if you wish (and see your wonderful location!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patrick, that would be great and I would be delighted to show around. I will email you to arrange a convenient time. Cheers
      Pete

      Delete
  3. Let us all know what it turns out to be please.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.