Monday 13 June 2022

First Moths in Old Colwall

I moved to Old Colwall over the Jubilee weekend and have been impressed with the moths compared to my Evesham garden.

I've had 3 Lifers and 3 firsts for my garden (across all gardens I've had)

Nematopogon metaxella was the first and there appears to be plenty which I see flying at dusk

Second was Argyresthia curvella

Then this evening I found a Lesser Wax Moth on the house wall, no photo yet as it's a wriggler

New garden records consist of Broken-barred Carpet, Brindled Plume which I'd only seen previously at FSC Slapton Ley and Dog's Tooth with my only other records being from France

Lee
Nematopogon metaxella

Argyresthia curvella

Broken-barred Carpet

Brindled Plume

Dog's Tooth

Very happy to find Lobster Moth in the trap

Alder Kitten

Coleophora mayrella 

1 comment:

  1. That's a pale banded Alder Kitten. We don't have an image as yet on West Midlands moths for Argyresthia curvella, can you submit yours please?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.