Saturday 19 September 2020

Dodford goes Blue

 I have seen a couple in Warwickshire last year and this year and I don't think there is any doubt that they have bred and spread remarkably over the last few years.

Not seen so many reports for Worcestershire but enough to have been hoping to get one, and if not this year then next.

A quite windy night last night from the North East and the Aspen and Polpars that I am aware of in the Village are to the South.

Anyway it is my birthday today and the first Eggbox I turned over revealed this present.

Only disappointment is that after a few quick photos it flew off without warning. I had a Red Underwing in the trap a week or so ago and that "revved up" for ages before flying off. Shame because I was going to show my wife who has had to listen to me banging on about Blue Underwings for the last month!



Clifden Nonpareil

Pete Smith

Dodford, Worcestershire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.