Thursday 3 September 2020

Bringsty Common September 2nd

 With a mild night forecast at last, I put the moth trap out, this time around the front of the house. Not as good there, but my usual 2 garden spots are plagued with hornets. No luck, I had around 40 in the trap just before midnight and switched it off. As I decided what to do, 2 more arrived. So I think my moth trapping is on temporary hold until we get a frost or two. I have some Nicotinia plants out the front and have been giving them the once over each night just in case, although this isn't a busy area for migrants but was delighted to spot a Convolvulus Hawk soon after dark. It avoided the net, but returned about 2 hours later so I could catch it, photograph it and release. Very nice when at least one plan comes to fruition. Peter Hall



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.