Thursday 19 April 2018

Blossom is out at Bringsty

Whilst kicking off a planned series of visits to Wigmore Rolls (and forgetting to pack cable),  I ran my old Robinsons type in the garden here.  21 species for the garden, all expected species with an "abundance" of Powdered Quaker - well 4 last night and 5 the night before - more than I can ever remember catching in one night anywhere, plus my first Blossom Underwing for the garden.  I wondered if it was here.  Wigmore, with a single trap being run produced the expected abundance of moth numbers (259 moths for a 2 and a half hour session).  21 species again. Topping the bill was Diurnea fagella (66), then Hebrew Character (40), Brindled Pug (37) and Common Quaker (28), otherwise nothing to excite too much.  Peter Hall
Bringsty Common: Blossom Underwing
Bringsty Common: Brindled Beautys

Wigmore Rolls: March moth

Wigmore Rolls: Frosted Green
 

1 comment:

  1. It's reassuring to see someone else reaching that certain time of life. I once forgot my generator - forgot to take it home that is after a trapping session, didn't even notice when I unpacked my stuff the next morning. Fortunately, it was a secluded private woodland and the owner found it the next day and telephoned me.
    Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.