Thursday 10 June 2021

Another Clearwing species

Following the success with the Red-tipped Clearwing on the 7th I thought I'd give another lure a try.

With all the reports of Red-belted on the Facebook Moth groups this seemed the logical choice so I deployed the MYO lure 

I had success within the first hour of the lure being out however it promptly escaped when I opened the trap to attempt a photo.  I then left it out and had another (or the same one) within the next hour.

That's the MYO lure back in the freezer until next year

Will try for Currant Clearwing with the TIP lure over the weekend as this is a species that has eluded me.  Will also chance it with CUL for Large Red-belted Clearwing; you don't try, you don't get...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.