Thursday 22 October 2020

Bodenham Migrants

 Having just returned from Scilly and had a disappointing time with migrants, it's ironic that I should get such a flush of them in the garden including a county first. The Spoladea recurvalis provided some entertainment, when it flew onto the cone I knew what it was immediately but fluffed it with the pot. I came inside to look it up and then wasn't sure thinking it might be Pyrausta nigrata which can fly in October - fortunately, unknown to me it flew down into the trap without drowning itself so I was pleased and relieved to find it again under an egg box.

Over 2 nights I recorded the folloing migrants:

October 20th: Silver Y (1), Vestal (1), Palpita vitrealis (1)

October 21st: Spoladea recurvalis (1) - county first, Palpita vitrealis (2), Diamond-back (1), Gem (1), Dark Sword Grass (1).

Bodenham: Spoladea recurvalis

Bodenham:  Dark Sword Grass
 

Bodenham: Palpita vitrealis

Bodenham: Gem

Bodenham: Vestal
Robin Hemming
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.