Thursday 26 September 2019

Bringsty Common update

Catches of late have been hovering around the 25-30 species a night level with very little to excite apart from hornet numbers. Last nights catch did provide a single Dark Sword-grass and Rush Veneer (Nomophila noctuella) otherwise it was all the expected fayre. I remember Rob H saying he had to pack up recently due to hornet numbers and probably last night in the garden I should have done the same as I had upward of 20 in the trap, the majority I removed around midnight, but others came in afterwards and the moth and general invertebrate catch looked like it had been through a blender this morning. I'll try and different spot tonight, otherwise Nationl Moth Night will be abandoned here. On the lid, and safe from chomping mouths, was a third generation Willow Beauty, about half normal size. Peter Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.