Saturday 27 February 2016

Hummingbird Hawk-moth at Kidderminster 3rd Feb.

After a talk last night a lady in the audience showed me a video, taken with her iPad, of a Hummingbird Hawk-moth nectaring on Daphne in her garden on the 3rd of Februrary. If I'd had my wits about me (left at home again) I would have obtained all the details to put the record on the database. As it is I only know the date and that it was somewhere in Kidderminster.

Another record where I would love to know the origins the moth, whether it was a February migrant from Europe or perhaps a surviver from last year, or even an accidental import. I believe they have been recorded in every month of the year so perhaps not totally unexpected but nice to see.

Patrick Clement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.